November 2017  
SMTWTFS
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
     
Bible Search
History

A Brief History of New Hope Friends

 

 

1879 New Hope Friends Meeting established. Meetings held temporarily in a Grange hall.

1880 Building site deeded to NC Yearly Meeting of Friends by William and Smithy Grant.

1881 Meetinghouse built on "big sand road".

1919  Present site deeded to monthly meeting by R.Monroe & Carrie D. Wilson. Meetinghouse dismantled and hauled to new site on two-horse wagons.

1942 A three room addition to meetinghouse built.

1974 New fellowship hall, kitchen, restrooms, and classroom completed.

1976 New meeting room, 3 additional classrooms, & pastor's study completed.

2002 New Family Life Center built

2009 Bobby Wilson Athletic Field Installation and dedication

2015 Choir Loft expansion

2015 Installation of High Definition Video System  to include TV's throughout the church and a ceiling projector in the sancutary.

2016 Choir Room remodeling and expansion.

 

A complete history of our Church is available through our church office.